- We're looking for part-time Airport Guest Services Associates.
Associates help create a lasting, positive impact by assisting guests in a fast-paced environment.
A normal workweek will consist of less than 30 hours. Starting salary is $9-$9.25 per hour with the ability to earn tips.
For more information or to apply go to FlyCID.com/careers
Applications due by 4 p.m., Friday, July 5.
- A fifth flight on this beauty has been added. Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Take a ride in a historic B-17, "Aluminum Overcast" today at 5 p.m.
As of this post there are three spots still available.
Follow airport event signs to the location on west side of CID.
- FRYfest Did you hear the news?? The countdown for this year's FRYfest is officially on!
FRYfest 2019, presented by The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID, is celebrating the 15th anniversary of the 2004 Hawkeye Football team by introducing a panel discussion with the team, known for winning a share of the Big Ten championship and giving us "The Catch".
The 11th annual FRYfest will be a day full of activities including the World's Largest Hawkeye Tradeshow, High Porch Block Party with headling act The Spazmatics on the concert stage, and much more!
See you FRYday, August 30th!
Visit www.FRYfest.com for more details.
Photo Creds: The Gazette
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID shared a post.
- CONSTRUCTION ALERT:
Additional construction in front of the terminal means there will be only ONE lane open for traffic. This will also mean NO pick-ups or drop-offs on the east half of the front curb.
This temporary situation begins tonight (Mon., June 10) and is expected to last until mid-July.
During this time we are asking people limit their time in front of the terminal. Airport Public Safety will be stepping up their monitoring along the front curb to ensure safety and traffic movement.
Please use the FREE cell phone waiting lot or park in the long- or short-term lots. The first 20 minutes in each of those lots is FREE.
We appreciate your patience while we continue to make improvements to CID.
- We had a great meeting with our general aviation tenants last night! Did you know that CID has the most based aircraft in the state?
General aviation is core part of CID's business and we are happy to share information about upcoming events the GA community is leading.
Like this - the B17, "Aluminum Overcast" will be here on June 18. Don't miss this chance to see this historic aircraft.
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID updated their status.
- It's Fly Local Friday! Thank you to AMPERAGE Marketing & Fundraising for signing our Fly Local policy.
By signing this pledge, AMPERAGE is letting everyone know they will choose to Fly CID to help the airport and the region grow!
For more details on the Fly Local program and to see a complete list of businesses that have signed on, go to flycid.com/flylocal
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post Now that @Allegiant's first nonstop flight from CID to Nashville is in the books we want to take a minute to say, "Thank you!" to @Allegiant and to everyone who filled the plane!!
And, good news -
@Allegiant has extended the schedule through the end of September, so there is still plenty of time for you to book your trip!
Here are some photos from Friday's inaugural celebration ...
- Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Still looking for the perfect gift? Book a trip out of CID to Mom's fave place - how about LA on @Allegiant?
CID has nonstop flights to 14 destinations with limitless connections. Five airlines - American, Allegiant, Delta, Frontier and United - give you options to wherever you want to plan a getaway for Mom.
- There is one week left to enter the giveaway for $500 in airfare to Nashville from @Allegiant and a $500 gift card from the airport.
Allegiant's seasonal, nonstop flights to Nashville begin May 17 and as right now are scheduled until Aug. 12.
In May, flights are offered on Mondays and Fridays.
June - Aug. 12 flights will be offered Mondays-Wednesdays and Fridays.
One winner will be announced during the May 17 inaugural event featuring a live remote with 98.1 KHAK.
To enter and to see full contest rules go to:
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post CID Director Marty Lenss & our partners at TSA talked to media today about summer travel.
Marty also just learned, due to CID's continued passenger growth, a third checkpoint lane will be included in our terminal modernization project!!!
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID is with Pamela Hinman.
- Spring weather means its time to break out the Fly CID stair truck!
For all you @runcrandic runners - you will have your chance to get the first sighting of 2019 at the Fly CID aid station on Sunday.
We are station #10 and will be in the area of Wright Bros. Blvd and Club Road.
We know you will all be in a hurry to get to the finish line, but as always - hop ons (and photo ops) are encouraged 😃
- We've had some inquiries today about tree removal along Wright Brothers Boulevard. The trees being removed had fire blight.
Three different types of hardwood varieties will be planted to replace the previous trees.
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post To the People of Earth:
It's Earth Day, People!!
In honor of the national day to focus on the environment, we are celebrating one of CID's core values: Environmental Stewardship.
We have several initiatives and projects at the airport that exemplify environmental stewardship, here are a few:
Geothermal: - The 54,000-square foot addition that will be part of the modernized CID terminal will be heated and cooled by a new geothermal system.
Solar: 738 solar panels will be mounted on the roof of the terminal to help reduce energy costs. The airport received a $579,870 US Department of Transportation grant for this project, covering 90 percent of the project's total cost.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: - Four EV charging stations were installed in 2017. Two are in the short-term parking lot and two are in long-term. Vehicle owners only pay for parking; there is no fee for charging up, courtesy of CID.
CID Farmland: - Most people are surprised to learn that CID is the largest farmer in Linn County with more than 2,000 acres of farmland. The land is leased and farmed by five local farmers. The land is located at the top of the watersheds for both the Cedar and Iowa rivers.
Miscanthus: - The airport has partnered with the University of Iowa to plant Miscanthus for the UI Biomass Fuel Project. Almost 70 acres of farmland was converted to grow Miscanthus - a dedicated energy plant.
Cover Crops: - CID went from 100 acres planted in cover crops to more than 300 acres, and in the 2020 planting season all CID farmland will be planted in cover crop. Cover crops are used to slow erosion, improve soil health, enhance water availability, smother weeds, help control pests and diseases and increase biodiversity.
- The countdown to nonstop Nashville flights is on ... One month from today the @Allegiant seasonal nonstop flights to Nashville from @fly_CID begin.
We're going to have a party.
We're going to give stuff away.
We're also going to Nashville, of course.
Book your tickets at allegiant.com
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post The 35th Honor Flight out of CID is on its way to Washington D.C. for the day!
Return tonight is estimated at 8:45 p.m. For those coming for the return, watch the road construction along the entrance road. You will park in the long-term parking lot.
#EasternIowaHonorFlight #EIHF #FlyCID
- We're hiring!
Applications are being accepted for Airport Guest Services Associates (part-time).
Associates are able to create a lasting and positive impact by greeting guests, valet service, luggage assistance, wheelchair assistance and more!
Starting salary is $9 - $9.25 per hour with the ability to earn tips.
Application deadline is 4 p.m. Friday, April 19.
For more details and to apply go to flycid.com/careers
- Starting April 10, the Eastern Iowa Airport’s cell phone waiting lot will be moved to a temporary location while construction to refurbish the existing lot takes place.
During construction, the cell phone lot will be moved to an area off of Lippisch Place – see map. Signage will be in place to direct people to the temporary cell phone waiting lot.
The cell phone lot is an area where customers may park for free while they wait for their passenger to deplane. Cell phone lots have become a staple at airports across the country as an alternative for people to pay for parking and to minimize traffic in front the terminal.
Improvements to the lot are expected to take two months.
- There's still time to sign up for the TSA PreCheck Enrollment event next week at CID.
First step: Start the enrollment process and make an appointment online at IdentoGO.com/PreCheck
Membership cost is $85 for five years. You can speed through security and DON'T NEED TO REMOVE:
- Light jackets
Appointments slots available before and after your workday.
- We're going to have a booth at Sunday's ICR Future Career and College Fair The Hotel at Kirkwood Center, 7725 Kirkwood Blvd., Cedar Rapids.
The fair is 12:30 - 3 p.m. Free parking is available in the south lot
This event is perfect for high school students and their parents to learn about exciting careers and college/training selection.
Stop by to learn about different careers available in aviation, including airport management, pilot, aircraft mechanic, engineering, marketing, public relations and more!
For more details go to: https://bit.ly/2CKWsMl
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post What's that you say, Joe? Allegiant has added another Nashville flight to its schedule!?
Yes, that's right, Allegiant has added Wednesday flights to its schedule in June. Nonstop flights will be offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays!
First nonstop flight to Nashville International Airport is May 17. Flights in May will be offered Fridays and Mondays.
Go now to allegiant.com to book your ticket from CID to Music City!
- Congratulations to our CID team members who were awarded this quarter's F.A.C.E.S. award! Airport Commissioners Pat Baird, Marcia Rogers and Steve West presented the employee recognition award this morning for the team's work during these extremely difficult winter conditions.
CID team members from Maintenance, Public Safety and Guest Services were recognized for their hard work and diligence to maintain safe and secure runways, sidewalks, parking lots; cleaning off and preparing valet cars, providing vehicle jump starts and assisting customers when their cars were stuck.
The airport has received several compliments and thank yous the past past three months for the work done in snow storms, icy conditions and the extreme cold temperatures.
We - like all of you - are ready for spring!
Kudos to all!
- Our super cool Fly CID stair truck greeted the Mercer women's basketball team when they arrived today.
The Mercer Bears take on the No. 2 seed Iowa Hawkeyes in the first round of the women's NCAA tourney on Friday.
Tipoff is 1 p.m. at Carver Hawkeye Arena.
- Careers | Eastern Iowa Airport | Cedar Rapids, IA We currently have a job opening for an Airport Public Safety Officer I (EMT) at the Eastern Iowa Airport.
If you, or someone you know is certified from the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy as a Law Enforcement Officer, or are in possession of law enforcement certification in another state go to flyCID.com/careers for details and to apply.
Applications due March 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
The Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) is a small-hub airport in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Thirty-five daily departures include service from Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, and United. CID also features increasing cargo activity with FedEx, DHL, and UPS, and maintains an active general aviation communit ...
- CID is going to be a busy place Friday with all the spring breakers getting out town.
Please make sure to arrive 90 minutes prior to your flight departure time. There are spots available in short-term and the long-term parking lots. At this time, we do not anticipate the need to go into overflow parking, but if that changes we'll post updates here.
For those parking in the long-term lot, please plan some additional time to walk to the terminal.
If you are flying out Friday afternoon, get through the security checkpoint and then make sure you stop by our FREE beer and spirits tasting!
We are partnering with Millstream Brewing Company and Cedar Ridge Winery and Distillery for some pre-Spring Break fun. We'll be upstairs, just past the escalators from 1 - 5 p.m.
Safe travels to everyone and thank you for flying CID!!!
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post Ready for spring break? We are.
Just a couple reminders of special services offered at CID:
Coat Check: $10 per item. Reserve here: https://flycid.com/coat-check/
Full-service valet, $16 per day. Reserve here: https://flycid.com/valet-parking/
- We're holding another TSA PreCheck enrollment event April 8 - 12.
And, you asked and we listened - we are offering additional times before and after your work day so you have more opportunity to come out and enroll.
Mon. - Wed. the hours will be: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Thurs. and Friday the hours will be: 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. and noon to 4 p.m.
Check out the photo here for more details and go online to make your appointment now.
Slots fill up fast so don't miss out!