- Timeline Photos Want to win two tickets to the game this weekend against Penn State? Just fill in the blank, "My favorite place I've traveled to is _____!" and post it In the comments. We will pick two lucky winners Thursday (9/21) at 3:30 pm. (Must be 18 or older to qualify; must be able to pick tickets up from Eastern Iowa Airport on Sept. 21)
- George Join us tomorrow evening to welcome home 89 Veterans with the Eastern Iowa Honor Flight!
Good Evening. This Tuesday (09/19), EIHF #29 heads out to Washington, DC with 89 Veterans plus their guardians for a day honoring those Veterans for their service. Here is a look at the weather they can expect.
Temp: High 80 Low 60
Winds: NE @ 13 Mph
Humidity: 72 %
Chance of Precip: 20 %
Come out to the Airport Tuesday Evening. ETA back to Cedar Rapids is approximately 10:05 PM (barring unexpected delays). Parking is free! When you come into the terminal, stop by the information desk and pick up your free parking ticket.
Join us as we welcome home our heroes. The parking lot fills up quickly, so we advise everybody to come early.
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID shared a post.
- Timeline Photos Interested in going to the Cyclo-Cross World Cup- Jingle Cross this weekend in Iowa City? We are giving away two General Admission tickets, VIP wristbands and Lanyards and a parking permit, all you have to do is like this post to enter. (Must be 18 or older; must be able to pick up package at The Airport Admin Offices by 4:30pm today) The winner will be announced at noon today
Check out this link to learn more about the event: https://jinglecross2.com/
- The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID Don't forget to comment on this original post by this evening. Two lucky winners will be chosen at 6pm and each will receive a pair of tickets to the Hawkeyes game this weekend!
Caption this throwback photo for a chance to win two tickets to the Hawkeye game against North Texas! Comment your caption idea and two winners will be chosen randomly on Thursday, Sept. 14 at 5:30pm. (Must be 18 or older to qualify; must be able to pick tickets up from Eastern Iowa Airport on Sept. 15)
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID shared their photo.
- Delta Make sure to stay up to date with your airline for flight status and travel options. Here is the most recent update from Delta
Delta teams in the Operations and Customer Center have decided to cancel about 800 flights Monday as Hurricane Irma is expected to bring strong crosswinds that exceed operating limits on select mainline and regional aircraft. Wind shear, lighting and other convective weather is also possible in the vicinity of Atlanta and may prompt additional flight cancellations.
Customers are encouraged to check the status of their flight before leaving for the airport on the Fly Delta app or at delta.com. Delta recommends that customers transiting Atlanta on Monday modify their itineraries around the city on delta.com.
Delta teams are working to resume service to Florida airports. Reports from airport authorities on the condition of runways, taxiways and terminal infrastructure will determine timing for Delta’s Florida restart.
Travel waivers have been combined and consolidated through Sept. 17 for customers transiting three dozen destinations where flights will be affected by Irma, and created a new waiver for St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Turks and Caicos for customers ticketed through Oct. 31.
Delta will operate a humanitarian flight to St. Thomas bringing in recovery supplies and will carry out 150 U.S. citizens to Atlanta. Delta continues to examine when regularly scheduled service may resume. Additional humanitarian flights are expected throughout the week to destinations in the Caribbean.
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID shared Delta's post.
- Timeline Photos Caption this throwback photo for a chance to win two tickets to the Hawkeye game against North Texas! Comment your caption idea and two winners will be chosen randomly on Thursday, Sept. 14 at 5:30pm. (Must be 18 or older to qualify; must be able to pick tickets up from Eastern Iowa Airport on Sept. 15)
- Phase III of The Terminal Modernization Project is well underway! Check out this video to see the changes that will be made. If you want to learn more take a look at our website :http://flycid.com/planning-and-development/construction-updates/
- Allegiant Updated information for people flying with Allegiant to Florida
#HurricaneIrma Update! We have updated the list of canceled flights to/from Florida cities, including Orlando and St. Pete Saturday and Sunday flights. Please see your options below. **If you have a question please post it on our wall, separately from the comments below. It will allow us better visibility to see your posts and ensure we reply to every question and comment.**
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID shared Allegiant's post.
- Allegiant Information for those who are flying Allegiant in the next few days
Due to impending weather from Hurricane Irma, we are receiving a very high volume of calls at this time. Passengers with reservations to/from SFB, SJU, FLL, PGD or PIE, will be able to request a one-time change to their travel plans without any change/cancel fees. To do this, customers must call Customer Care at 702-505-8888 at any time, 24/7. We recommend calling during off-peak hours for shorter wait times. Visit our Travel Alerts page for more information: https://www.allegiantair.com/travel-alerts.
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID shared Allegiant's post.
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post We officially opened our 100LL Self-Serve Fuel Facility for general aviation customers, the price announced is $4.10 per gallon. Fun fact: we have 126-based aircraft- the most of any airport in the state #FlyCID
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID added 2 new photos.
- Timeline Photos Score big for the Hawkeye opening weekend! We are giving away 4 FRYfest concert tickets, 4 passes to the football game against Wyoming and a parking pass! All you have to do is share this post and tag The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID before Thursday at 4 pm to enter the drawing. The winner will be announced Thursday evening (Must be available to pick package up Friday during business hours at the EIA Administration Office) Must be 18 or older to qualify
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID is with Eastern Iowa Airport and 2 others.
- Can you say progress? Phase 3 of CID's Terminal Modernization Project is underway! You will start to see more big changes during this 54,000 sq. feet expansion. Stay tuned for more updates throughout the project.
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID is with Jim Batten.
- Thanks to everyone who flies CID - we broke our June passenger record!
The total number of passengers in June was 103,507; the previous record was set in 2015 - 101,668 passengers.
The year-to-date increase in passengers is 10 percent compared to the same time in 2016.
The airport has seen an increase of overall capacity – meaning more seats and more options for travelers. Capacity for the three-month period of July, August and September is up 16 percent compared to last year.
Last week, Frontier Airlines announced it is beginning non-stop service to Orlando International Airport (MCO) on Dec. 17. The flights will be offered on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The departure time out of CID is set for 1:15 p.m. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at www.flyfrontier.com.
That announcement marks CID’s 14th non-stop destination, the most non-stop destinations ever offered out of The Eastern Iowa Airport.
- This just in - Frontier nonstop CID to Orlando International Airport (MCO) - on sale now! https://www.flyfrontier.com/news/posts/2017/july/frontier-airlines-expands-low-fares-to-90-percent-of-the-us-population/
- Thank you to all the teams who participated in Pulling for Honor 2017, a fundraiser for Eastern Iowa Honor Flight! Teams of up to 25 people competed to see who could pull a 757 FedEx airplane 12 feet the fastest. Here the times for the top 3 teams:
Swole Cats: 4.813
Alliant Energy/Electric Force: 5.057
Iowa City Police & Friends: 5.063
Congrats to all who participated!