CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa. Feb. 12, 2019 — Allegiant (NASDAQ: ALGT) today announces service from Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) to Nashville International Airport (BNA) beginning May 17, 2019. To celebrate, the…
- Sleet and rain are coming down off and on at the airport.
At this time it looks like two @AmericanAir flts to Chicago have been cancelled #3584 and #4197.
Check with your airline for flight updates - sign up for their text or email alerts for the latest and greatest information.
- You know what has been VERY popular in this cold weather?
Our new coat check service.
Yes, the Eastern Iowa Airport - CID offers this to help out folks traveling to warm weather destinations.
Reserve it here: http://flycid.com/coat-check
#FlyCID #Wegoaboveandbeyond #CustomerService
- They patiently waited for several hours when their flight was delayed and now the West High Poms from Iowa City are boarding their DL flight to Atlanta.
Then onto Orlando where they will compete in the UDA National Dance Championship at Disney World.
Coaches Kathleen Fallon and Jenny Gomez (not pictured) are leading the group.
Good luck ladies and safe travels!!!
- Congrats to Alex Garcia and Eugene Pinney! You have each won two tickets to the Iowa v. Michigan State game Thursday night.
You must pick up the tickets at the Info desk in the terminal. Desk is open until 8 p.m. tonight and opens at 9 a.m. Thursday. Must bring photo ID to claim the tickets.
If you are unable to go, please notify us immediately so we can choose another winner.
- Thank you to everyone who helped us break the annual passenger record in 2018!!!
The Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) smashed its annual passenger record in 2018 with more than 1.2 million people choosing to fly CID.
That number is 5.4 percent more than the previous annual passenger record set in 2017. This new record has added weight because it is the first time in the airport’s history to have more than 600,000 enplaned passengers, those who board a plane at CID.
“We have to thank the entire region of ICR Iowa for showing its support by flying local,” says Marty Lenss, CID airport director. “By flying CID you are investing in the regional economy and supporting the air service our airline partners are providing.”
- The Iowa men's basketball team plays Michigan State Thursday night. It might be cold outside but it's going to be hot, hot, HOT in Carver-Hawkeye Arena!
#ScorewithCID and win two tickets to the game! Tipoff is 6 p.m.
Two winners will be chosen. Each winner will receive two tickets.
To enter predict the final score, tag a friend and like our page.
And, please - if you enter, make sure you will use the tickets. We've had some folks who win but never pick up the tickets. Can you imagine?
Winners will be announced on our Facebook page at 5 p.m. Wed., Jan. 23. Must be able to pick up the tickets at the airport Information desk in the terminal.
#GoHawks #FlyCID #Enterresponsibly
- Congrats to Tamara Smith and John Kiebel! You have each won two tickets to Saturday's Iowa men's basketball game. Tipoff is 1:37 p.m. (to be exact).
Must be able to pick up the tickets at the Information desk in the airport terminal. Desk is open until 9 p.m. today (Friday) and opens at 9 a.m. Sat.
Bring photo ID to claim the tickets.
Enjoy the game and remember Fly CID sent you!
- The Hawkeye men's basketball team had a big win on the road last night and they are back at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Saturday.
So, you know what that means ... it's time to #ScorewithCID!
Hawkeyes versus Ohio State Buckeyes on Sat. Jan. 12, tipoff is 1:30 p.m.
Two winners - two tickets each.
To enter this giveaway tells us your favorite thing about flying CID, tag a friend and like our page. You must do ALL three things to be a valid entry.
Deadline to enter is 3 p.m., Fri., Jan. 11.
Ready, set, GO!!!!!
- One way to save time and have less stress when you travel is to be enrolled in the TSA PreCheck program.
We have an enrollment event going on this week at the airport. There is still time to make an appointment as the event ends Friday (Jan. 11). Complimentary parking voucher provided.
Go to IdentoGO.com/Precheck to make an appointment.
With PreCheck, when you go through the security checkpoint you will no longer have to remove:
Cost is $85 and it is good for five years.
- Airport Temporary Laborer II ~ Accepting Applications | The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID *Job Opening at CID*
Airport Temporary Laborer II position.
For details or to apply go to https://flycid.com/airport-temporary-laborer-ii-accepting-applications/
Deadline to apply is Jan. 11.
Airport Temporary Laborer II ~ Accepting Applications February 19, 2018 4:05 pm | Jobs Airport Temporary Laborer II Provides labor, maintenance assistance and heavy equipment operations to the Airport Maintenance Department. The essential functions of this job include receiving assignments from lead...
- Congrats to Jolene Anderson and Larry Smith - you each have won two tickets to Sunday's game!
You must be able to pick up the tickets at the airport Information desk, located inside the airport terminal.
Bring a photo ID to claim the tickets.
Have fun and remember CID sent you 🙂
And for everyone - watch for future #ScorewithCID giveaways soon!
- Iowa Hawkeye men's basketball return to play at Carver- Hawkeye Arena Sunday and we're going to give you a chance to go.
Yep - it's our first #ScorewithCID for 2019!
The Hawks play Nebraska Sunday, tipoff is at 4:30 p.m.
To enter this drawing predict the score, tag a friend in the comments section and like our Facebook page.
We will pick two winners. Each winner receives two tickets to the game. Deadline to enter is noon tomorrow - Friday, Jan. 4.
Must be able to pick up the tickets at the airport.
#GoHawks #ScorewithCID #FlyCID
- saturday.br Thank you to all who shared your New Year's resolutions!
Our winners for the last #ScorewithCID giveaway for 2018 are, drum roll please ......
Missy Stewart and Jason Sells!
You will need to pick up the tickets at the airport Information desk in the terminal. The desk is open until 9 p.m. today (Friday) and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Bring photo ID to claim the tickets.
Tipoff Saturday is 7 p.m. Have fun and Happy New Year to all!
Look for more #ScorewithCID giveaways in 2019!!!
- I know everyone is focused on football, but there are other things going on - like Iowa Men's Basketball.
It's time to #ScorewithCID! This giveaway is for tickets to Saturday's Iowa game against Bryant. Tipoff is at 7 p.m.
Two winners - two tickets each.
In anticipation of New Year's tell us what your New Year's resolution is going to be AND tag a friend to enter the drawing.
Entries will be accepted until 3 p.m. Friday, Dec. 28. Winners must be able to pick up tickets at the airport.
- Valet Parking | The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID Stay dry in the comfort of your car @fly_CID and use our full-service valet parking.
Reserve online at http://flycid.com/valet-parking/
Introductory pricing of $12 per day (parking & valet service) still in effect thru the end of 2018.
Valet Parking Valet Parking Full-service valet is now available by placing a reservation using the form below. The introductory price for this new customer service is $12 per day. Please note – this is a credit-card only service. Payment is made when you return from your trip. Here are the simp...
- We're on track to break our annual passenger record! Thank you to all who have used CID this year!!
Here are a few numbers:
- Total number of passengers in October was 109,096; 6.5 percent higher than previous record set in October 2017 - 102,447 passengers
- Total number of passengers in November was 101,119; 4.25 percent higher than previous record set in November 2017 - 96,997
Overall year-to-date increase for enplaned passengers – those who board a plane at CID – is up 5.3 percent over the same time in 2017.
CID recorded an annual passenger record in 2017 with 1.14 million total passengers. Nearly 30 percent of Iowa’s commercial passenger traffic flies out of CID.✈️
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post Here are some behind-the-scenes photos of demo work taking place as part of Phase 3 of our terminal modernization project.
Also included are the "before" photos for reference. The new escalator has opened and the hall of flags has been removed to make way for new space.
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID added 5 new photos.
- So many great responses to our #ScorewithCID giveaway, but only two can win.
Congrats to Lacy Constien and Billy Aiello - you have each won two tickets to the Hawkeye game v. Western Carolina on Tue., Dec. 18. Tipoff is at 8 p.m.
You must be able to pick up the tickets at the Information desk in the airport terminal. You will need to show photo ID in order to claim the tickets.
Thank you to all who participated - keep watching for more chances to #ScorewithCID!!
#Hawkeyes #GoHawks #FlyCID
- We're planning ahead - it's time to #ScorewithCID for tickets to the next Hawkeye men's bb game!
The team plays at Carver on Tues., Dec. 18 against Western Carolina. Tipoff is 8 p.m.
This time TWO winners will be chosen. Each winner receives TWO tickets.
To enter the drawing:
1. Tell us - If you could choose anywhere to to fly to spend the holidays - where would it be?
2. Tag a friend
3. Deadline to enter is Noon, Fri., Dec. 14
Winners must be able to pick up the tickets at the airport.
- Please join us in congratulating Rhonda Leith (known as Rhonda Lynn :)) who has been named this quarter's F.A.C.E.S. award winner!
Rhonda is a customer service agent for Envoy Air, which serves American Airlines at CID.
The F.A.C.E.S. award is part of CID's employee recognition program. Rhonda was presented her award this morning by Cedar Rapids Airport Commission Chair Carroll Reasoner.
Thank you Rhonda for all that you do for American and the Eastern Iowa Airport!
- What's that - ANOTHER customer service enhancement @fly_CID?
Why, yes, there is. If you're flying from @fly_CID and you don't want to take your winter coat, we are now offering coat check.
We'll keep your coat safe and have it ready for you when you return. #FlyCID
- Congrats to Michael Ahrens who is the winner of two tickets to Thursday's Iowa vs ISU game.
Remember - you must be able to pick up the tickets at the airport terminal information desk. You will need to show photo ID to claim the two tickets.
Enjoy the game and remember it was Fly CID who sent you 🙂 #GoHawks #FlyCID #ScorewithCID