- Thanks to everyone who flies CID - we broke our June passenger record!
The total number of passengers in June was 103,507; the previous record was set in 2015 - 101,668 passengers.
The year-to-date increase in passengers is 10 percent compared to the same time in 2016.
The airport has seen an increase of overall capacity – meaning more seats and more options for travelers. Capacity for the three-month period of July, August and September is up 16 percent compared to last year.
Last week, Frontier Airlines announced it is beginning non-stop service to Orlando International Airport (MCO) on Dec. 17. The flights will be offered on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The departure time out of CID is set for 1:15 p.m. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at www.flyfrontier.com.
That announcement marks CID’s 14th non-stop destination, the most non-stop destinations ever offered out of The Eastern Iowa Airport.
- This just in - Frontier nonstop CID to Orlando International Airport (MCO) - on sale now! https://www.flyfrontier.com/news/posts/2017/july/frontier-airlines-expands-low-fares-to-90-percent-of-the-us-population/
- Thank you to all the teams who participated in Pulling for Honor 2017, a fundraiser for Eastern Iowa Honor Flight! Teams of up to 25 people competed to see who could pull a 757 FedEx airplane 12 feet the fastest. Here the times for the top 3 teams:
Swole Cats: 4.813
Alliant Energy/Electric Force: 5.057
Iowa City Police & Friends: 5.063
Congrats to all who participated!
- George It was a great day today at Pulling for Honor 2017. Great weather, great crowd, and even greater competition. Here are a few pictures from today. Will post more later. We would like to thank everybody who came out today to support the Eastern Iowa Honor Flight.
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID shared a post.
- Timeline Photos How about this for a silent auction item? It's the Fab Five package from Toppling Goliath. But you can only bid on it at the Pulling for Honor event, tomorrow at The Eastern Iowa Airport. Gate opens at 8 a.m. Follow the Airport Event signs to the venue entrance (it's not in the terminal). Watch teams of 25 pull a 757 FedEx plane, free flights for kids 8-17 courtesy of EAA Chapter 33, food and beverage - including Toppling Goliath on tap - for sale. Proceeds go to Eastern Iowa Honor Flight.
- Timeline Photos Second Annual Pulling for Honor is Saturday, 3435 Beech Way, east of the airport's main entrance.
Gate opens at 8 a.m., Open ceremony at 8:45 a.m. and the first team starts pulling at 9 a.m.
JUST ADDED - Silent auction for special Toppling Goliath package that includes the following:
o 2x 22oz bottles of 2016 Assassin – Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
o 1x 12oz bottle of 2016 Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout – Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout with Maple Syrup and Coffee
o 1x Assassin glass
o 1x Kentucky Brunch Glass
Proceeds go to Eastern Iowa Honor Flight.
- The Eastern Iowa Airport is a proud sponsor of the 7th Annual Zach Johnson Foundation Classic, a Pro-Am Tournament, that takes place Mon., July 10 at Elmcrest Country Club. This exhibition golf event will feature several PGA TOUR players, some of golf's future superstars and other local and national celebrities.
We have some tickets to give away that would provide entry into the tournament and access to the Champions Grille.
Two winners will be chosen and each winner will receive passes for two people. How's that for a deal on Friday?
The first two people who respond will win.
- Timeline Photos Congratulations to Kevin Rolston who has been named our most recent F.A.C.E.S. award winner! Kevin is a DGS customer service representative who works at United. The F.A.C.E.S. award is presented quarterly to recognize employees who best represent The Eastern Iowa Airport's core values of Fiscal responsibility, Accountability, Customer service, Environmental stewardship and Safety & security (F.A.C.E.S.) Kevin's nomination was submitted by a passenger who said in part, "(Kevin) is to be commended for his excellent work and unending patience in dealing with frustrated travelers." We couldn't agree more!
Thank you, Kevin!
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post We had some extra special visitors today touring CID. Students from Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired came to learn about being in an airport and the steps travelers must follow in order to take a flight. Many thanks to our airport partners, including TSA and representatives from all our airlines - American, Delta, United, Allegiant and Frontier all assisted to create a great experience for the students!
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID added 9 new photos.
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post A group of Wright Elementary students had the experience of a lifetime when they saw the B-17 Aluminum Overcast this morning. A huge thank you to Tim Busch, of EAA Chapter 33 and Iowa Flight Training, for giving the students a great tour! Don't miss your chance to see the B-17 - it's here all weekend. For all the details go to:
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID added 7 new photos.
- Careers | The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID Here's your chance to work for CID!
We have openings for part-time Guest Services Associates and full-time Community Engagement Coordinator.
For details on the positions and to apply go to flycid.com/careers/
Employment The Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) is a small-hub airport in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Thirty-five daily departures include service from Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, and United. CID also features increasing cargo activity with FedEx, DHL, and UPS, and maintains an active general aviation c...
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post We had a great time today with our friends at Z102.9 as we celebrated the return of Allegiant's non-stop service to LAX! Thank you to everyone who joined us for some fun and those who helped with the flight and event!
And - congrats to Brittany Bruch and Courtney Trumbauer, who will each receive $400 in airfare, courtesy of Allegiant!!
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID added 4 new photos.
- Allegiant LAX Airfare Giveaway We'll be going Hollywood tomorrow as we celebrate the return of Allegiant's seasonal, non-stop flight to LAX. Our friends from Z 102.9 will be here for a live remote and party from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Stop by to see Schulte and Clare and hit the red carpet for a photo and some food! AND - there's still time to register for a chance to win $400 in airfare from Allegiant - go to flycid.com/allegiant - deadline to enter is noon, Wed., May 17!
- Timeline Photos Allegiant’s seasonal non-stop flights to Los Angeles are back at CID!
To celebrate, Allegiant is giving away $400 in airfare plus a Movie Magic Package, courtesy of Marcus Wehrenberg Theatres and The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID.
Go to flycid.com/allegiant to register to win! Must be 18 years old or older to qualify. Registration deadline is noon on Wed., May 17. Two winners will be picked.
- Timeline Photos Do you have what it takes to pull a 65-ton plane? Donate at least $2500 to Eastern Iowa Honor Flight and we'll find out on July 15 at The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID.
Let us know you're coming at Pulling for Honor 2017 and register your team today.
- Timeline Photos The Linn County Emergency Management Agency is seeking volunteers to participate in The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's Triennial Full Scale Exercise. Participants are needed to play “victim actors” to provide local emergency responders with realistic mock medical patients.
The exercise will take place May 20, 2017 at the Eastern Iowa Airport in Cedar Rapids and lunch will be provided.
To participate or find out more about how you can help please contact Thomas Ulrich with Linn County Emergency Management by phone: (319) 892-6502 or email: email@example.com
All ages are welcome, however 14+ is preferred, any participants under the age of 18 will require parental consent. No acting experience is required.
As a reminder: Simulated injuries, artificial blood, and other make-up will be utilized, we encourage volunteers to wear old clothing, and speak up if any simulated traumatic imagery makes them uncomfortable, (volunteers can still help and participate without makeup).
- Photos from The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID's post Seventy years ago today, the first commercial flight departed from CID, operated by United Air Lines. Thank you to all the passengers who've started their journeys with us over the years. Here's to 70 more! 🎉✈️ #TBT #flyCID
The Eastern Iowa Airport - CID added 6 new photos.